I believe this is the first time I have been blog tagged. I plan on putting up another post at some point today and I thought I’d do this one first.
Seven Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1) Be there when the Nashville Predators clinch the Stanley Cup (haha, haha, hah)
2) Go on a cruise to Alaska
3) Travel to Europe (Spain, France, Italy, and Greece to be specific) to see the Architecture
4) Learn to speak Japanese
5) Graduate from College with a Bachelors or Masters in something
6) Design and Build my own home on acreage (with the SU’s help of course)
7) Own my own successful company so I can be the boss.
Seven Things I Can Do
1) Find people on the internet using information freely available to the public (just ask the SU)
2) Hide the pictures that the SU needs in either C:Media\Documents\SU’s User Name\My Pictures or C:\Media\Pictures. *Wink* Love you Honey!!
3) Help the children with their Math homework, even if it means googling something to jog my memory.
4) Use Adobe Photoshop to create blog backgrounds and headers.
5) Absorb information and then 4 hours later come up with really great questions about it
6) Cook, Clean, and take care of the Pip Squeak
7) Play video games for hours on end
Seven Things I Can’t Do
1) Fix cars or do anything mechanical that requires me to use tools, except for hanging up pictures or putting together things that come with instructions
2) Keep the yard mowed on a regular basis
3) Interpret the barks of the Ferocious Puppy. I swear it would easier to care for her if I understood dog.
4) Motivate myself to do yard work
5) Speak in front of large groups of people (I just get so nervous!)
6) Be on time all the time
7) Find it funny when people joke about my family
Seven Things That Attact Me to the SU
1) Her fast witty humor
2) The way she can charm just about anyone into doing what she wants
3) She rubs my head sometimes and it just makes me relax and feel safe
4) She’s teaching me to say …. well…. I just cant…. well… ummm… NO!
5) The way she pushes me to be a better Dad, Husband, and man. (Jack Nicholson put it best in As Good As It Gets, “You make me want to be a better man)
6) The ability she has to just know when I need a kiss and a pat on the head to feel better.
7) The way she smiles at me when I’m taking care of the Pip Squeak and the way she looks at me when I wake up in the morning.
Seven Things That I Say Most Often
3) Come on!
4) Lexi, Hush!
5) Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot Over!
6) Move you idiot! (While driving of course)
7) Are you going to smile for Daddy? (to the Pip Squeak)
Seven Celebrities that I like Love
2) Pip Squeak
3) The Gamer
4) The Artist
5) The Ferocious Puppy
6) The Miracle
7) Me, (is that wrong?)
Seven Favorite Foods
1) Pizza!! (Frozen, Fresh, Home-made, doesn’t really matter)
2) Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
3) Porcupine Meatballs
5) Nightmare Cake
6) SU’s Famous Spaghetti and Meatballs
7) Chicken Quesadillas and Rice
Seven People that I tag
1) The seven people who last clicked on my blog and whoever wants to do it.
Thanks for leaving your left over pizza and salad on my desk. I really appreciated the fact that you left some pizza and salad for me. I love the fruit flies that are now buzzing around my desk, those are a nice touch. Next time can you at least leave me a drink and maybe some cleansing wipes so I can disinfect my workspace in a timely manner? I hope someone takes a dump on your desk and pees on your shoes!
Well, to be quite honest, I’ve been very busy and haven’t felt the itch to do so. The Pip Squeak isn’t so Pip Squeak anymore. I was looking at pictures of her from a couple of days after she was born and then comparing them to how big she is now. I’d say she’s probably doubled in size. It’s really quite a startling contrast. She’s turning into a daddy’s girl, much to her mothers delight (can we get a Da-Da! Da-Da! in there?), she’s smiling really big now (for me first, haha take that SU), and I believe she cooed at me. I haven’t been able to get Pip Squeak to do that again yet but I’m trying. And then tonight she did something I haven’t seen her do before. I was watching the presidential debates and she turned and looked at the tv and actually watched it for a few minutes. John McCain was speaking and I said to the Pip Squeak, “What do you think about him?” She then proceeded to immediately scream at the top of her lungs and make a big frowny face. I just kind of laughed at that.
I’ve also been doing a lot of work on the computer. I decided to give Linux a try after getting frustrated with my computer rebooting every day multiple times when I was in the middle of something. I’m using Ubuntu 8.04 on a second drive and have a dual boot set up so the SU can still use the computer. She uses it a lot less now (unless I remember to reboot so it goes into windows after I’m done). I’m pleasantly surprised at Ubuntu but there are things that annoy the crap out of me. For instance, there is a Sopcast client for Linux but it was so confusing to try and set up that I tried a couple of times and gave up. After a random search today I was finally able to find a working version and actually got it working this afternoon. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Linux is that sometimes you have to work really hard to get it to do what you want. Other than that, I’ve been able to replace all of my windows programs (minus a few) and I can pretty do much do everything I could in windows on Linux. One noted exception there is that there isn’t a Quicken type replacement for Linux yet. I’ve tried the most popular finance programs and weren’t impressed. Of course, the games I have don’t work either but I don’t do a whole lot of gaming on the computer anyway. I’ll just boot into windows when I have a hankering to play a game.
Pip Squeak failed the urine test for PA and MMA 3 times. She recently had a 4th test done and….
IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE!!
We were out getting the Artist and the Gamer new glasses today and the following conversation takes place after they get their glasses and they’re wearing them for the first time:
Artist: “Wow! There’s like bricks on that brown wall at Sears and I can actually see them! I thought it was just a brown wall!”
Gamer: “Yeah, its like our eyes have gone HD!”
Me: “Did she just say her eyes have gone HD?”
SU: “I believe so.”